Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's Back To Work I Go!

In my next life, I'd like to be an heiress who could knit and crochet the day away!

I never find any type of vacation, holiday or break quite long enough to do everything on my "to do" lists. This winter break from work has been just the same as all those of the past.

Enough with the grousing! I want to take a moment and share the item I most enjoyed creating during my winter break--Stumpy:



Oh, he's such a stout and flirty little fatty. I mean, look at those eyes! Don't you just want to kiss him and squish him???


Stumpy's not my first attempt at a pencil. During the summer, I made a larger (and thinner) pencil and pet apple for my friend Julie. Julie had taken an enormous leap in her life: she quit her job and began earning her degree in elementary education on a full time basis. Pencil and Apple were my congratulations gifts to her.


While making that pencil, I kept telling myself I should take notes, but I didn't. (Schade!, as the German might say!)

I made Stumpy freeform, but took copious notes all along the way; I hope to reproduce him and write his pattern in the near future. He's a big guy, but, unlike the original pencil, he has more girth than length. He's actually big enough to be a roll pillow! As a point of reference, check out how he looks in relation to "real" highlighters and pens:


Alas, I must get ready for work. . . that is, for the work that pays my rent. :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment