Monday, February 23, 2009

Betrayal

Forgive Me Stash, For I Have Sinned.

Until this past weekend, it had been since early December since I purchased any new yarn. After taking photographs of my entire yarn stash, I'd vowed to myself that I wouldn't-couldn't-shouldn't indulge in any new yarn. I've vowed to decrease my stash before the end of the year!

But then a pretty little minx of a pattern strolled my way. Behold! Here is Hanna Jason's "Bettie's Lace Stockings", as photographed in the Spring 2009 Interweave Knits magazine:


Super sexy, right? Well, because I've fallen prey to the pleasures of sock knitting, I couldn't get these little Betties out of my mind. I want them. . . actually, I want to make them.

Before I knew it, I was at my LYS on a sunny Saturday afternoon and purchasing two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn in Charcoal.

It's a toe-up sock, so it'll also be a new challenge . . . so long as my stash doesn't crush me out of spite. :)

Ah, dear stash: I love every bit, scrap, ball, WIP and skein of you! There's always room for, um, two more, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment